Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cat Diary (18): An Alarm Clock


This is an occasional Sunday feature where my cat, pardon, Her Majesty the Cat, offers her more or less gracious insight into my (and her) life.


I might have mentioned I help Pepca wake up in the morning before. Here is how it goes:

---------- 

The Alarm Clock goes off.

Pepca: *makes indistinct noise* *stops the alarm clock*

Me: *meows gently*, which means: “Good morning, sleepyhead! Did you sleep well?”

Pepca: *stays still*

Me: *meows a little louder*, meaning: “Hey, good morning! Did you have a pleasant night? Good! Get up, sunshine!

Pepca: *mumbles something like: “Just a few more minutes, I’m soooo sleepy.”*

Me: *persists* Meow! Meow! Meow! (read: Come on, get up, it’s a nice day, get up, feed me, get to work!)

Pepca: *grumbles* “Shut up, stupid cat. I want to nap just a bit longer.”

Me: *makes a few quiet, sad meows and one loud, insulted-like sounding MEOW* *sulks*

Pepca: *feels guilty* *hopes I'd give up* 

Me: *waits a few moments* *gathers strength* MEOW! MEOOOOW! MEOW, MEOW! MEOOOW! (read: “GET UP, GET UP, GET UP, YOU LAZY! I’M HUUUUNGRY! GEEEET UP!)

Pepca: All right, all right, I'm coming, just a minute!” *appears from her bedroom
  
Me: *smiles inwardly* *thinks: “Mission accomplished!”*

---------- 

May all your mornings be bright and cheerful!

Till next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!