Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Top Ten Favourite Books I've Read During The Lifespan Of My Blog


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.

I started blogging in July 2010. Here are my favourite books I've read since then (in random order, linked to my reviews):

  1. Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach
  2. Outlander (Outlander #1) by Diana Gabaldon
  3. The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
  4. Labyrinth (Languedoc Trilogy #1) by Kate Mosse
    Sepulchre (Languedoc Trilogy #2) by Kate Mosse
    The Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse
  5. The Vampire Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles #2) by Anne Rice
    The Queen of the Damned (The Vampire Chronicles #3) by Anne Rice
  6. The Crystal Skull by Manda Scott
  7. Random Magic by Sasha Soren
  8. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
  9. Shadow Souls (The Vampire Diaries: The Return #2) by L. J. Smith
  10. Fifty Shades Trilogy by E. L. James
  11. No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark #3) by Kresley Cole
    Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark #5) by Kresley Cole

I know, that's more than ten books, but I really can't choose between neither Kate Mosse's, Cole's, or Rice's books.

I would like to point out that I distinguish between my favourite books and the best books I've read. I love both my favourite books and those I consider the best I've read. Although the two kinds mostly coincide, there are some exceptional books I've read which I cannot, in spite of their quality and greatness, consider my favourite books due to either the themes they deal with or other elements, take for instance Fatherland by Robert Harris or Suite Française by Irène Némirovsky.

What are your favourite books you've read since you've started blogging? Do you share any of mine?

17 comments:

  1. I loved the first of the Fifty trilogy but overall thought the trilogy was ok. Fifty Shades of Grey almost made my cut though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On one hand I agree with you, but still, the other two books give the whole story more sense, so it's kind of difficult for me to look at them separately. If I had to rate the individual books, I'd say the first and the second are approximately on the same level, but the third is a bit lower on the scale.

      Delete
  2. Great list! Forbidden is definitely one that couldn't NOT go on the list. I need to keep reading Anne Rice, though. I have maybe 50 pages left of Interview with a Vampire and it has been sitting for a while. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do keep reading Anne Rice, the books following Interview with a Vampire are even better.

      Delete
  3. I have been curious about a few of those books Outlander, Anne Rice's books and Cole's books as well. One day I will try them out!

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/08/top-ten-tuesday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Outlander! :-)

    I like you distinctions... I think maybe that's why I was having a hard time narrowing down favorites versus best reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Narrowing down any list is always a difficult task for me, either it's too long or it gets too short: :)

      Delete
  5. OMG Forbidden <3 I LOVED that book :). I interviewed Tabitha Suzuma on my blog if you are interested !
    I bought Labyrinth this summer and I really want to read it soon since I want to watch the tv show !
    Thanks for stopping by my blog !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check out the interview with Tabitha Suzuma! And what, Labyrinth is going to be a TV show? Where have I been living to miss that information? *shakes her head* :)

      Delete
  6. I loved LABYRINTH and still need to read SEPULCHRE and THE WINTER GHOSTS. Oh, how could I forget about FORBIDDEN? It was so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Labyrinth is an amazing book, isn't it? I think you'll enjoy the rest of them, too! :)

      Delete
  7. Wow that must have been a hard list to put together. I must check out your #1 since you put it ahead of Outlander.

    I'm reading No Rest for the Wicked right now and it is good. I'm happy to see that you have also put another book from that series there since that is the series I am currently reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the numbering is just random, I think it WOULD be impossible to actually list them in order, haha. :)

      I'm glad you're enjoying No Rest for the Wicked!

      Delete
  8. Haven't read any of these so thanks for sharing! And thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how diverse your list is. I actually have Vampire Lestat checked out from the library at the moment - you've made me excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm eclectic reader, what can I say. :) Vampire Lestat is fantastic! Happy reading!

      Delete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!