Saturday, October 13, 2012

What Happened to Me Actually Posting Reviews


I guess I owe you some explanation what's going on, since I haven't posted a review in two weeks. (Two weeks?! I'm appalled at myself)

Obviously, I've been in a kind of a reading rut, again. It's not that I don't read, I do, but very slowly, just a few pages or a chapter a day. Then there are also some days when I'm so busy with life and things that they just pass by without reading. So, I'm not sure when I'll post another review.

I'm currently rereading The Hobbit, it's my 3rd or 4th reread, and I really enjoy it (duh, it's Tolkien). This is definitely the book I could read fast, but I don't want to rush it because I don't need to as I already know the story and I want to enjoy Tolkien's beautiful writing.

hobbit

I was thinking, maybe I could review The Hobbit in parts (not more than three), or just post my thoughts on it, in any case, with my favourite quotes and such. Would you like reading that?

Also, if you haven't read Tolkien yet, I think The Hobbit is a good place to start, especially now with the movie coming out soon. By the way, I'm so excited about it, although a bit sceptic (I mean, how on earth have they stretched 300 pages into three movies?). Are you planning on seeing The Hobbit? Are you excited or a little sceptic about it?

Anyway, I hope I can bring reviews and other more interesting content back soon . Until then, thank you all so much for being patient and still reading my blog.

5 comments:

  1. I think writing your thoughts, random quotes, etc from The Hobbit is a great way at getting back into reviewing - it's still a format of review. I hope you get your groove back, but it's nice to see someone re-reading a book they love. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I'll start with it next week.

      Delete
  2. Pepca!
    I love the Hobbit :) It's one of my favorites so of course, I have my worries but I am definitely excited! The trailer looks pretty great.

    Aspen
    http://inner-aspen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the trailer looks awesome! It will definitely be a visually stunning movie.

      Delete
  3. I keep hitting reading ruts, however I'm not enjoying whatever I picked up.
    It's good to take your time with something you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Don't hesitate to drop me a few strange new words! I'd love to hear what you think!